A one-day consultative meeting on the topic of “Provincial Non-formal Education Stock-Take with Stakeholders” was organized by the Directorate of Literacy & Non-Formal Basic Education,
School Education & Literacy Department, Government of Sindh. The event was taken place in PC Hotel, Karachi. Representatives from DFID, JICA, UNESCO, UNICEF, USAID, Directorate of Literacy and NFBE have participated as keynote speakers on the topic and they presented their NFE models. They all shared the current situation of Pakistan in Non-Formal Education. They shared the policy and potential of work in NFE.
Presentation on Key Learnings by representatives of INGOs/NGOs/Partners/CSOs also shared.
- Aga Khan University IED-Research and Knowledge Management on NFE
- American Refugee Committee-Out of school children and data
- Indus Resource Centre- Analysis of Learners’ Assessment
- National Commission for Human Development- Baseline and establishment of NFE-processes, challenges, and mitigations.
- The NGO World- Social Mobilization
- SEF- NFE and Vocational Skills
- World Learning- Exploring opportunities for middle-level accelerated curriculum.
Mr. Sardar Shakeel represented The NGO World in the meeting. He presented the social mobilization component of ZEST schools to the audience. The NGO World has expertise in social mobilization. They engage the community from the planning phase until the end of the project. Mr. Shakeel told that success and sustainability of NFE based upon the meaningful participation of the community in all phases of the project. Due to this community own the project interventions and NFE centers. Participants appreciated the social mobilization of The NGO World and they praised the project team.
A panel discussion on the topic also organized to share expertise regarding NFE. Panelists were: Director DCAR, Director PITE, Director STEDA, Director Lit & NFBE, Head of Curriculum Wing Development Partners.
At the end Director, Directorate of Literacy & Non-Formal Basic Education, School Education, and Literacy Department shared the way forward and thanked all participants, representatives from donor agencies and partners for their active and meaningful participation.